Friday 28 May 2021

A third chance at adventure

 Hello world!

Once again, it is me, px, here to revive our dead blog after 4 long years. From the time between then and now, I think my list of games would have changed quite a bit. Let's review from the previous times!

In 2015, I said

Currently, on mobile, I am playing Million Arthur and Age of Ishtaria, on PC, DotA 2 and FEZ, on 3DS, I have Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Omega Ruby, etc (and more). Maybe in a future post, I will share my progress and thoughts on them. Also, I have to save up to buy games, so I tend to play free-to-play games unless I really want a particular game (thinking of trying Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate since it has really good reviews and are recommended by friends)

In 2017, I said 

I have already moved on from most/all of those games. I guess it's not a surprise. Right now, I do have a bunch of games I play on and off (some I pretty much just claim log-in bonuses only (and very, very occasionally play)) These include Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage, Love Live! School Idol Festival. Some games that I play more regularly would be Otogi: Secret Spirit Agents, Granblue Fantasy and Shadowverse. In the past two years, I've also played some really amazing games, like Stardew Valley and World's Dawn.

Reading these, I realised that I do still play some of these (it's an on/off cycle), but mostly those in 2017, such as Starlight Stage, Granblue Fantasy, Shadowverse, and Stardew Valley. Perhaps, it is because these games receive regular updates that bring me back to them again and again. 

I also realised that I mentioned Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate in 2015, but I never did talk about my experience with it. To be frank, I didn't enjoy my time with it, and spent only an hour playing it (and couldn't bring myself to play more). I think that was largely because I didn't do any research on the game beforehand and didn't know what I was in for, and didn't have anyone to play with then.

On the flip side, recently, I've been into playing Monster Hunter Rise (yes! It stuck this time because I understand more about the game and how it works now + I have several friends I could call on to play with). I'm finally playing Persona 5 Royal too, after not being able to for quite some time because of a lack of PS4. I'm also planning to complete Persona 4 Golden sometime since it's on PC now. I was also playing New Pokemon Snap earlier this month, but my game card is with another friend now, so I took a break from the game :')

Some other stuff I played over the last few years... *looks at steam library and switch library* These ones I have really enjoyed: Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!, Overcooked! 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Divinity: Original Sin 2...

I notice those I listed all have some sort of numbers in their titles, but there's just so many to list, like Splatoon 2, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2... I'm just intentionally listing those that end with 2 now XD

4 years just contain too many games though, but I am looking forward to playing more games in the future, after finishing up the Persona games, I'm planning to play Persona 5 Strikers. :P I'm also really looking forward to Tetris Effect coming to Steam (it's taken waaay too long but I finally see it listed!). Other games I'm thinking of trying are Mario Golf: Super Rush, Monster Hunter Stories 2, SMT III, Disco Elysium,... well there are a looot. There's that strange Game Builder Garage "game" too, but I'm not sure if I would call it a game. :thinking:

I suppose this is now the end of my long rambling that is highly likely to not be of any interest to a random reader who chances upon this. I was kinda motivated to write something because Littlebyte said she might write something if I did. I thought a while about what I should write about, and ended up thinking that another intro post might be a better transition.

I will write about something more interesting next time! Perhaps I will show off some screenshots from various games. Stay tuned!

P.S. If you would like to recommend any games, do leave a comment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment