Wednesday 8 April 2015

DotA 2 Heroic Effigy Creation Tool

Ahh, so I think I discovered the Heroic Effigy Creation Tool a little late. Most TI4 compendium owners probably have created their Effigy by now.

Upon receiving the blocks of triumph as a gift for purchasing the TI4 Compendium on time, my friend had instantly created his to be a statue of Spiritbreaker, but I didn't want to create my statue so fast as I just couldn't decide what I want hero I want it to be. Thus I left the blocks untouched in my inventory, until recently when I looked at my items and realised I still haven't created an Effigy.

So, here I am!

As I opened it, I had thought it pretty impressive that I could view it in two ways!: At eye level, or the standard in-game view.


Dire eye-level view
Dire top view
 Besides that, it was also possible to view it in either a Radiant or Dire situation.

Radiant eye-level view 
Radiant top view
Instantly, I was impressed that we could view it in (almost) all directions that matter! (Picture below shows Abaddon spun sideways to look at the sides)


Here, we can change which model we would like. Io is also available (although all Io statues are not unique)!


So I picked Crystal Maiden as my model, and then, I noticed there's a button "Go To Loadout".


Going to loadout means that I could change the cosmetic items equipped on my Crystal Maiden before coming back to the creation tool. Here, I swapped my Yulsaria's Glacier for my Frozen Feather Hood so that she would be wearing the full Frozen Feather set :)


As I was wondering if that was it to this tool (after admiring several models and spinning them around and changing the view and marveling at how I could see everything), THEN I noticed that we could change the animation and its frames so that we can have a really unique Effigy of our own! (yes I am really blind to not see it)


I was amazed at the number of animations available for Crystal Maiden too! Although disabled actually looks really sad because, well, disabled. I really liked the teleport animation where she spins her sceptre but it was waaay too long for my to gif (I don't know how to do a smooth video gif (or rather, I am too lazy to find myself a software or google for help)) so I picked the animation she does when you pick her in-game or open her model in Loadout :)

My gif is kinda choppy because I printscreen frame by frame but don't be fooled by the gif because in actuality when the slider moves from left to right, it's reaaaally smooth.



Just picking Jakiro and Zeus for examples, they have their own set of personalized animations! Isn't it amazing?! Also, some of the custom animations (the kinetic gems) on your cosmetic also becomes available when that particular item is equipped on your hero!



And just a final photo of an example Effigy of Legion Commander.


Conclusion: I am unable to decide what hero, which cosmetics, what animation and which frame to pick for my Effigy! This is an even bigger dilemma than before.

That's all for now. I just wanted to share how amazing this Heroic Effigy Creation Tool is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment