Thursday 9 April 2015

Good Bye Ayakashi Good Bye Mira!

Ayakashi Ghost Guild is the mobile game that I have been playing for longest!


It is probably one of the older card collecting games.
Basically, player becomes one of the agents of the ghost guild. You fight with a lot of daemons (consisting of three different types. Divina, Phantom and Anima) and you have chance to make them your own daemons either through summon or negotiation involving various events.



So basically you collect cards which are classified under three different types. There are mainly two methods to collect cards. First through event and Second through summoning.


I played this game as free player so let me briefly mention about rare summon and bell summon.

Basically you have to pay money to do rare summon for a chance to get helper (which help in the various events) and 5 * cards. Bell summon is more expensive but you get stronger 5*.






(starting from 1 star, 5 stars are the strongest card in the game)

Other than that you have to get 5* cards from the various events.



Soul Jem events where you collect certain numbers of sets of jems to unlock 5* daemons. Also, you get into ranking (higher the number of sets, higher your ranking) to collect another 5* daemon.
This event is mainly for cash players so I never got to play this event properly in my whole agg life!

Sealstone events are almost identical to jem except that you collect sealstone of different colours instead of jems. (6 different colour makes one set). I really disliked this event because it was so easy event for lower level but by the time, this event got introduced I was too high level!!!!!!

Well and there are few events but they are quite insignificant. (guild events and battle event)  

The main part of the game comes from tower climbing event and conquest event.
This was the first Halloween Event which happen to be the tower climbing event. (this was around the time I started playing!). In tower event, you spent HP to climb to 200F and collect items. This items can be used to negotiate with Wandering Ghosts. Also, these items are used to determine your ranking against other players!


This was the third Halloween Event! And this was conquest event. In conquest, you battle ghost with your top 10 strongest ghosts! Each time you defeat the ghost, the ghost gets stronger. After you defeat certain level of ghost, you can acquire some ghosts. Like tower climbing, there is ranking also! (determined by points you get by defeating ghost)


OK. Enough with introduction of the game! For the detail you can search for the wiki but not much use anymore considering how this game is closing already!

I loved this game for various reasons!

First of all I liked its art style. At least most of the cards were nice, and there are quite numbers of them I particularly liked. (for example Omatsu!) 


And I think the game developed some of the characters well enough with repeated appearances in various events. For instance, Shuten and Ibaraki were always my favourite couple that appeared in various events since they first appeared in demon king rise! Through repeated appearances they formed some kind of images in my mind and I am still very sad that I couldn't collect both of them! Of course I didn't forget about Odairi and Ohina! 



(ibaraki and shuten together in  tanabatsu event! I took from somewhere) 



Many ghost agents had their own dear characters that they waited to be remaked and appear again! For instance, it took me three tries to finally get my most favourite omatsu!  

Also, even though it seems like impossible for free player to get 5* cards from ranking, actually it is possible to get 5* cards through first half ranking! It is always bloody every time but it is really fun to go for ranking and there are some sorts of thrills there. (Though I still cry about Ohina who I failed to get during conquest event!) 

I personally believe Zynga operated this game well. They chose mostly popular yet diverse daemons to remake to satisfy most people. Introduced Max Limit Break at appropriate time after maintaining game balance for long time. (It is rare to see game that stops with just 5*). They introduced different types of events once in awhile. They clearly differentiated which were the events meant for free players and cash players. There are indeed certain cards that only cash players can get which gave incentives to cash while not neglecting free players completely. When everyone was thinking, it is getting harder and harder for newbies to adjust, GCQ and Sealstone event were introduced which served as good platforms for newbies. Honestly, I do not have any major complains to Zynga about how they operated this game. 

Of course Zynga was not perfect but I believe this game was well operated and well balanced. Unlike other games which gets closed, this game clearly had long life spans left! The game was running perfect, there was no indication of the downfall for the game. It is really really sad thing that this wonderful game has to go down just because of external reasons not because of the failure of the game. 

But just how people die due to accident, I guess games also die because of accident. Maybe this is the reason why I hate online games! Because eventually they will just close without ending. We will never know the ending of this story. We won't know what will happen between ghost agent and mira! We won't know whether Dora will continue to go around and sell stuff! I am really sad that this game has to end like this! 

I will miss Anne Droid and Puppet Master my first two three * cards! 
I will miss Odairi and Ohina! AND MY DEAR OMATSU! 
(speaking of which I loved the original form most! Though she is still lovely XD)

I will miss Shuten and Ibaraki! (I wonder why I never managed to get Shuten! :( 
I will even missss that horrible woman! 


Oh man, How many times I actually cursed at her! But I will miss her! 


But above all, just like everyone who played this game! I will miss Mira
Thank you Mira and good bye sob sob. How I will miss getting SA from you! (But I don't really like apple as fruit! I love strawberry!) 


sky's ocean
My first review!


ps arranging photos are very hard! :( Hope I get better in the future. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment