Wednesday 22 April 2015

Groudon lands at last!

A waaaaay overdue update from me about Pokemon Shuffle since Rayquaza and Daily Pokemon events have already ended. But mainly, they've added a Groudon event, to which I'm super happy about since I now have all 3 Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza :D


Rayquaza and Daily Pokemon are already old events.


Also, exciting news for those who have completed all the previous existing main stages! More main stages! It's not as exciting for me since I can't get past the Mega Gengar level :( I'm now contemplating using items to get past it. (My precious coins though ;-;)

A pleasant update for me! Attained the Blastoisinite :) Unfortunately though, I did use an item to break my high score so that I could score higher, since my previous high score gave me a spot at 22k ._. Coins for the Mega stone is a good trade still, since I can always earn more coins, but I might never have the chance to obtain the stone again.


Just a little something to show. Every 10 times you check-in, there's a bonus 1000 coins! Gives incentive to players to check-in everyday.


Now I'm going to talk about the Mega Gengar stage. Please pardon my terrible photographs, I had to take them as fast as I could.

Firstly, the team I used. Below, the 4 Pokemon (Sableye, Gengar, Absol, Misdreavus) were my strongest 4 Pokemon against Mega Gengar at the time of the photo.


In the picture, it also shows Haunter's information. You're probably wondering why since it's not one of the 4 with the highest attack power. I've included this picture because I am going to replace Absol/Misdreavus with Haunter, and you'll understand why when I explain about Gengar's disruptions.

Start of the game
Do you notice that at the top left of Gengar, there's a little white bubble and it says there "Countdown 3". This means that after making 3 moves, Gengar will cause a "disruption". There are different kinds of disruptions, like creating wooden/metal blocks, freezing your Pokemon or changing your Pokemon to another. In this particular stage, Mega Gengar has 2 kinds of disruptions.

The picture below shows my Pokemon frozen :( When they are frozen, I am unable to swap them out (which is really annoying!)

The other disruption is why I picked Haunter as one of my 4 Pokemon. Mega Gengar also randomly converts my Pokemon to Haunter. Hence it is better to reduce the number of different types of Pokemon. As you can see below (comparing the 2 pictures), Mega Gengar changed Eevee to Haunter. This is actually a good thing because Eevee was an extra Pokemon that they added into the match and is less effective against Mega Gengar, but usually the Pokemon(s) that get changed are random.


That's all I have for this post. It's a bit lacking/late, and I apologize for that. I'll post again soon to talk about the Pokemon Safari. By the time of my next post and if I haven't beaten Mega Gengar yet, I will use an item to demonstrate items :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment