Thursday 16 April 2015

Squares, devil squares and cubes

One of, or perhaps the game with the cutest graphics ever that I've played must have been FEZ. I came across this game when I was looking to complete a challenge on Steam (add games to your wishlist) and without much thought, I added this game as the graphics were so adorable! A few months later, a good friend of mine bought this game as a birthday present for me along with Strata (another random puzzle game with really nice graphics and pretty good music). Well I felt bad since it was added to my wishlist on an impulse, but nevertheless I decided I would play it anyway since it was given to me in good will.

To be honest, although I am not as hooked/addicted as I am to some other games, I did enjoy what I've played of it and would recommend it. I have yet to complete the game though, so I may not be the best at talking about it. Still, I will share about my journey in FEZ. This post will just be a short introduction to the beginning of the game though.

Dancing on top of the drums in my room. This is where I start my adventure!


"Ya--aaaaaawn."


Isn't this just so adorable? As I leave my room, I'm asked to open my mailbox, which contains a letter asking me to go to the top of the village.


Exploring the great outdoors! A screenshot of a conversation pre-glitch. All the conversations are super cute, but I didn't screenshot ALL of them... of course. Many of the conversations were about squares, devil squares and cubes.

And then... I reach the top of the village and I get transported to some other world.



The game starts glitching! ...!!!

Okay these are all the screenshots I took previously. I only took them at the start, and none during my journey but I didn't get that far anyway.

My thoughts so far - super adorable graphics! I think I am partial to the graphics of these 8-bit kinda looking games (Kairosoft games too!). The conversations (whatever conversation I could have with the villagers) were all really cute too, I'm not sure if they say anything essential for you to progress in the game, but they're an entertaining bonus to have. Also, I enjoy this game because it's not too difficult, if you make a mistake and fall off the cliff, there's no penalty and we're allowed to insta respawn (something I really need since I'm bad at jumping games (like...Mario). Also, no monsters chasing you. Or maybe I just haven't encountered any yet.

When I start on FEZ again, I'll talk more about it (moving around, objectives, etc)! :) Keep in mind that I'm actually around...8 cubes or 16 cubes (the golden ones) so there's still much of the game I haven't experienced yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment